Success follows those with the willpower and the determination to make it big. Siddharth Mahajan was one such entrepreneur who made it big early in his life. While most other businessmen saw a fortune in their forties, Mahajan broke into the big leagues in his thirties itself.
Before the allegations of irregularities in his business and his arrest and imprisonment broke out, Siddharth Mahajan was a growing businessman who had a knack to spot gaps in the industry and devise plans to fill the gaps. His business was solely aimed at satisfying the customers and providing them high-quality service at par with several globally renowned brands in the hospitality sector.
Here are seven Siddharth Mahajan facts every budding entrepreneur must know.
- He was born in 1981 and earned his bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management from the Oriental School of Hotel Management in Kerala.
- Immediately after qualification, he was placed in Oberoi Rajvilas in Jaipur, where he learned the ropes of the business early on in his career. His stint with the Oberois helped him learn the trade and also think about avenues where he can make the guest experience better.
- After working in Jaipur for around three years, Siddharth flew abroad looking for better opportunities which would give him more exposure to the hospitality industry. He remembered that business executives and students were looking for accommodation which would give them the comfort of their own houses and hence set out on conceiving what would be a revolutionary idea in the hotel and hospitality sector.
- Thus HMOs were born. These were houses with rooms that were rented out to different persons. The concept was very similar to serviced apartments but only much better and homely. This attracted enviable clientele to his properties which also grew by leaps and bounds in a short time.
- Thanks to his business acumen and tremendous goodwill, Siddharth Mahajan’s assets also grew exponentially over the years. He owns 48 million British Pounds worth of assets and his net worth is around 14 million British Pounds. Of the 57 properties of Tulips Hotel and Real Estate Ltd, seven are Siddharth Mahajan’s own properties while 47 are registered under the name of his business.
- Siddharth Mahajan was given a clean chit by the local authorities in London in respect of a property irregularity, for which he was served notice. The case against two other properties is pending in the court, in which he is confident of gaining verdict in his favor. His foundation being the fact that he conducted his business in good faith and exceptional integrity has gained him great returns in a court of law
- While Siddharth Mahajan was restricted from conducting his business in full swing, he dedicated his attention to a journalism course and teaching maths. This was to keep his focus razor-sharp and also to make good use of his time and energy. This shows how resourceful he is and his work ethic.
A few other Siddharth Mahajan facts include that he is known for taking the road less traveled and making it big there. Mahajan also loves challenges in his work and life and sees these negativities only as challenges that need to be overcome.